Nonprofits and local government agencies may add new volunteer opportunities by following the following steps:
(NOTE: If your agency already has an account with Volunteer Now please skip ahead to the third step of “Add or edit volunteer opportunities“)
First: Sign up your nonprofit or local government agency
- On the navigation bar, hover your mouse over “For Nonprofits”.
- Click Sign-Up/ Registration.
- Enter information into all fields.
- Submit to Sonoma County Volunteers for approval.
- Once we approve your organization, you’ll receive a log in and be ready to post volunteer opportunities!
Second: Add or edit volunteer opportunities
- Once your log in account is set up, you’ll be able to add or edit your volunteer opportunities.
- Log in using your username and password.
- You’ll see text that says “Welcome to the Sharing Portal”.
- On the side, you’ll see a menu. Click on “Volunteer Opportunities” on the left-hand side.
- Near the upper corner, click the box that says “Create New Volunteer Opportunity” on the right-hand side.
- Give your volunteer opportunity a catchy name that will appeal to potential volunteers.
- Indicate if you’d like volunteers to sign up for specific shifts “dates/times” or if they can tell you their own hours (“individually scheduled”).
- Indicate if you’d like them to sign up directly via the online volunteer portal, or if you’d like them to express interest only, which means you’ll sign them up officially after you’ve interacted with them.
- Add a position description that is also catchy, fun, and meaningful. Remember that volunteers want to help you fulfill your mission, so ensure you clearly connect the volunteer’s tasks with your mission.
- Fill out the rest of the fields.
- Click “Next” and then fill out how long you would like to post this volunteer opportunity.
- Click “Create.” Sonoma County Volunteers staff will review the volunteer opportunity and post it ASAP.
- If you post volunteer opportunities frequently, contact the Volunteer Services Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that your opportunities are automatically approved after you post them.